‘Khushi Does Bollywood’ was a huge success! Despite not breaking the world record (this time!), around 1,500 took part in the day with the vast majority dancing and we think we may have been close to the (unofficial) British record for the largest Bollywood dance.
The event was covered by The Times of India and has been featured on the BBC Asian Network and BBC Radio Kent! We raised loads of money – donations are still coming in – but we have exceeded £4000!
Ash Mukherjee and Alif Sankey wowed the crowds with their Bollywood dance workshop and got all ages dancing! It was incredible to be there and the atmosphere was just magical. Ash said:
“Had such a great day! The best in 2013 by a long mile. Thanks to all who came and the simply lovely folks at Khushi Feet! Love from Alif Sankey and I! xxx”
Thanks go to all our performers – to Leigh Miles Dance and Zumba, and Stage Antics. And we are so so grateful to Arunima Kumar and her dancers, and to Ash Mukherjee and Alif Sankey for coming down to make the event so memorable. It was great to have the Mayor come along as well. But a huge thank you goes to everyone who took part – you were all BRILLIANT! Everyone had a great day (we were very lucky to have such wonderful weather!) and left feeling ‘khushi’ (happy).
Here are some of the comments left after the event:
– Thank you all for organizing such a fantastic experience. Well done
– my feet hurt so much but we all had such a great day, even Grandma was dancing!
– Well done to you all , was great fun !
– Well I had a few reservations about dancing in public, and during the rehearsal I was panicking big time, BUT I loved it! (And I loved Ash) What a lovely afternoon, spent with so many people with big smiles on their faces Well done all of you especially Emily, who have worked so hard …. I want to do it again!
– Thanks and praise to Emily too. Your stage presence was amazing! So confident! A brilliant day, well done x
– Fantastic. The kids and I loved it. You should be so proud!
– My kids loved it and thanks for their shout out it made their day
– Thank u for a great day loved the dance will b pulling off on the dance floor soon x
– Was having such a fun time yesterday afternoon that I didn’t realise that I was getting burnt to a crisp in the wonderful sunshine.
– Well done to Emily and everyone who worked so hard behind the scenes………. We had a fantastic time.
– It was good, the choreographer was so nice
– HEY ALL U KUSHI FEET ORGANISERs IN FAVERSHAM….i just wany to sAY A GREAT BIG THANK YOU FROM ALLL MY FAMILY for the event today and we hope alot of money was raised…more please…we will help…x
– Bollywood dancing for Khushi Feet in the sunshine! Fab way to spend a Saturday afternoon in the sunshine!
thank you …it was awesome
– We had such a brilliant time! Thank you.
– My 5 year old daughter loved learning the bollywood dance today at the Khushi Feet world record attempt! Thanks for a fun day!
– Had a fab time. Yes please to next year. Xx
– My 5-year old son and I loved it, thank you so much. Hope you raised lots of money.
– What a brilliant day. I was a privilege to help out. Very well done to Emily and the Khushi Feet crew. The day seemed to go like clockwork due to some great organisation. Everyone that I saw had big smiles on their faces. If you can all cope with aonther day like that I think it would be well worth while giving it another go! Very well done everyone!
– Another try definitely it was an amazing day with or without a record xxxx
– An annual Faversham ‘Bollywood’ Festival perhaps?
– yes please for next year!!! We loved it.
– Massive well done today 2 @KhushiFeet for such an amazing day and fund raising for such a worthy cause. Very glad u invited us 🙂 #faversham
– Thoroughly enjoyed helping out and participating in the world record bollywood attempt for @KhushiFeet 😀 !!
– Well done @KhushiFeet! A wonderful Bollywood experience – good from you all.
– Inspiring & beautiful day at the Faversham @KhushiFeet Bollywood dance event. Never ceases to amaze me what we can achieve with #peoplepower
– Well done @KhushiFeet for a great day. Was great to help the fantastic event and see so many people taking part. #kdb2013 #khushifeet
– @KhushiFeet @ashdancetheatre Brilliant day today. Thanks to everyone involved #khushidoesbollywood.
– Well done all @KhushiFeet we may not have broken the record but we all had a great time #Favershamrecordbreakers.
@KhushiFeet All of us from Kent College had a fantastic time Bollywood Dancing today! Well done to all!
– Thankyou to khushi feet today at the abbey school faversham I had never done anything like that till today&really enjoyed taking part.keep up the good work&hope u raised lots of money 4 the children xxx
– Thank you! We had such a fab day today at Faversham….we thoroughly loved it, got the dance routine hooked on my mind now :))))
– What a lovely day! Thank you for all your hard work and great enthusiasm for this very worthy charity.
– What a fantastic time we had just now! Thank you so much for putting this on and organising everything. I certainly enjoyed myself and I think everybody else did, too. The teaching was brilliant, too, and even if you weren’t doing the dancing yourself you would have been thoroughly entertained. I think you should do it again.
– Had a great time being a part of Khushi does Bollywood, thankyou to everyone who took part, and to those who helped to make the event happen, i also want to say a massive thankyou to Emily who came up with such an amazing charity
– It was a fantastic day. Great atmosphere, plenty of sunshine and loads of money raised! Big thank you to and all the Khushi team.
– Khushi Feet was amazing!!!
So many people worked extremely hard to make this event happen: all our brilliant Khushi volunteers (the Khushi Feet trustees stewards, car parkers, stall holders and the amazing dance leaders from The Abbey School, Faversham! We could not have put on the event without YOU! We are grateful to The Abbey School for all of their support leading up to the event and to our main event sponsors, Queenbourough Fisheries Trust and Souter Charitable Trust. Their support means that all money raised can be sent straight to Kolkata to support schools for children living on the streets. If you would like to add to our total raised then please make a donation to Khushi Feet.